Hours: 21 core hours per week (additional hours may be available subject to funding)
Salary: £22,765 – £25,349 pro-rata
Location: Home-based in Fife
Contract: Fixed term initially until December 2022. This post is funded by a recurring annual grant, subject to meeting funder objectives.
Lead Scotland is seeking a part-time Befriending Coordinator to market and deliver its well-established befriending service in the Fife area to adults and older people who are socially isolated, lonely or disconnected as a result of disability, ill-health or other circumstances.
The successful applicant will be committed to:
1) Engaging and supporting disabled adults and older people to overcome key barriers to participation.
2) Coordinating a range of befriending activities that connect people with communities to reduce social isolation and loneliness.
3) Being an active member of the Lead Scotland team as we seek to expand and develop our befriending services.
You will be responsible for:
1) Provision of a befriending service for disabled adults and older people to agreed targets.
2) Recruiting, supporting and developing a bank of volunteer befrienders and matching individuals for one-to-one support.
3) Working in partnership with a range of organisations, particularly third sector and statutory bodies.
Experience of managing volunteers would be an advantage, as would a track record of experience in community development and support.
Are you passionate about reducing social isolation and loneliness? Do you have excellent communication skills and a flexible and creative approach to problem-solving? Are you enthusiastic with excellent organisational skills? Do you have previous experience of supporting disabled people with a range of barriers and understand the importance of personalised one-to-one support? A full driving licence and access to a car is essential to travel to homes and communities across the seven main localities of Fife.
Application by CV and covering letter showing how you meet the specified criteria for the role to [email protected]. A job description and additional information are available here. If you have any further queries about the role please e-mail [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 09:00 on Monday 24 January 2022.