NHS Fife - Healthy Young Lives: Improving Young People's Health
When: 9.30am-4.30pm, Wednesday 28 November 2018 Where: The Bay Hotel, Burntisland Road, Kinghorn, KY3 9YE This event is being organised by NHS Fife This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
It is too late to book a place for this particular session, sorry about that.
Aims: To increase the knowledge and skills of those working with young people (11-18 year olds) in how they can contribute to improving health and wellbeing, addressing risk taking behaviour and tackling health inequalities.
Successful completion of this course will provide:
• Identified the main factors which influence young people’s health and wellbeing
• Explored the underlying causes of risk taking behaviour in young people
• Knowledge of how their own practice impacts upon the health and wellbeing of young people
• Discussed the main approaches within health promotion which improve the health and wellbeing of young people
• Identified which approaches can be adopted within their own practice to improve health and risk taking behaviours in young people.
Would suit: Anyone who works with young people in any setting in Fife, including foster carers.
To apply for a place on this course please click here.