Fife Gingerbread provides support and advice to lone parents and families in need throughout Fife. Fife Gingerbread provides non-judgemental and non-threatening emotional and practical support, in the form of a buddy. Coronavirus is affecting us all, our lone parents and families in need’s mental health and wellbeing are struggling a greatly. Lockdown restrictions have meant us not being able to see family or friends and for those who may already have been isolated this can add to the deterioration in mental health and wellbeing.
We are looking to recruit buddies who can call or liaise virtually through social media channels with people in those situations.
What do buddies do
• Buddies provide 1-1 emotional and practical support on a regular basis by telephone or social media channels during COVID19
• Help find information with the parent
• Keep records of communication with parent
Volunteer training: benefits/ support
• Full induction and training (including Child Protection) will be provided Fife Gingerbread
• Access to the NHS Health Improvement Training programme.
• Regular support and supervision
• Opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience
• Gain Confidence
• Take on a challenge
• Meet new people
• Make a difference
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Expenses:
• Reimbursement of out of pocket expenses at discretion of Fife Gingerbread
• The Protecting Vulnerable Groups Scheme (PVG) membership is required. The cost of this will be met by Fife Gingerbread
Personal qualities required:
• Patient and understanding
• Mature, friendly and cheerful
• A willingness to participate in a training programme
• Non-judgemental attitude
Find out more about volunteering
View our introduction to volunteering page or contact us to find out more -
our experts love helping people of all ages and backgrounds to become volunteers.
Register your opportunity
If you are an Organisation that would like your opportunity to be registered. You can do this by requesting a registration form here.
Help and Support
Call us to arrange an appointment
Give us a call on 0800 389 6046 to arrange an appointment to chat with our staff about what opportunities are available. Meetings can be arranged outside of the office in some cases.
Register with us
Fill out our registration form and a member of staff will then get in touch with you to discuss volunteering options to suit you.
If you volunteer or you're interested in volunteering then sign up for our free e-mail bulletin for volunteers - it only takes a few seconds. We send out bulletins roughly every two weeks and you can unsubscribe at any time.