The trustees hold Home-Start in trust for current and future beneficiaries by:
• providing leadership and direction within the ethos of Home-Start
• ensuring the scheme has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction
• being responsible for the effective performance and management of the scheme
• ensuring the scheme complies with legal and regulatory requirements, the objects of the scheme, the governing documents including the Home-Start Standards and Methods of Practice, the Home-Start Agreement and quality standards
• securing and guarding the scheme’s assets and taking care of their security, deployment and proper application
• ensuring that the scheme’s governance is of the highest possible standard
• undertaking an ambassadorial role for the scheme
• appointing sub-committees and agreeing their terms of reference and membership.
no upper age limit has been specified
Volunteer trustees can attend the Course of Preparation which runs for approximately 40 hours – usually one day per week for 8 weeks. There is also a Trustee Information pack available
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Monthly expenses form to be completed and public transport costs reimbursed or national rate for car usage
People with management, committee, financial experience. People with knowledge of the voluntary sector. Anyone interested in assisting us in achieving our aims.
Restrictions on who can volunteer
No restrictions were specified.
Application Form; References
No, not for this opportunity.
Committee meetings take place at Home-Start East Fife offices in St Andrews approximately every six weeks; travel to and from committee meetings can be reimbursed.
This opportunity is compatible with the Saltire Awards for volunteers aged 12-25.
To enquire/register an interest in this opportunity call us (FVA) on 0800 389 6046, e-mail us, or fill out this form:
Find out more about volunteering
View our introduction to volunteering page or contact us to find out more -
our experts love helping people of all ages and backgrounds to become volunteers.
Register your opportunity
If you are an Organisation that would like your opportunity to be registered. You can do this by requesting a registration form here.
Help and Support
Call us to arrange an appointment
Give us a call on 0800 389 6046 to arrange an appointment to chat with our staff about what opportunities are available. Meetings can be arranged outside of the office in some cases.
Register with us
Fill out our registration form and a member of staff will then get in touch with you to discuss volunteering options to suit you.
If you volunteer or you're interested in volunteering then sign up for our free e-mail bulletin for volunteers - it only takes a few seconds. We send out bulletins roughly every two weeks and you can unsubscribe at any time.