supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Volunteering Opportunity: VO94469
Trustees with Levenmouth Foodbank Community Support Project.
Created/last updated: 23/11/2022
About this opportunity:
The Foodbank was set up in 2013 by Local Churches in response to need in the local area in Leven • A Christian ethos is central to its work • The project consists of the Foodbank, which receives referrals from various agencies; a Café for those socially isolated in our community; and Schools Work to educate children in finance and budgeting skills •
As a member of the board, trustees are:
* Collectively responsible for making sure that the charity is run properly and lawfully- to make sure legal duties are met under charity law and other relevant laws
* To protect the charity's beneficiaries, assets and its reputation
* Responsible for making sure that the charity fulfils its charitable purpose
* To consider what is done well and what could be better, including at Development Days
* To review Partnerships; Profile; Policies and Procedures; Planning and Evaluation
Induction will include information about the Foodbank, the procedures, expectations. Ongoing training will include the offer of FVA training and Development Days. Support is offered through our team meetings.
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Mileage is paid at .45p per mile and bus fares reimbursed on submission of claim form.
They are looking to appoint new Trustees who have good business experience. It is preferred that prospective applicants be aware of Charity Trustee legal duties and responsibilities though training will be available for this. It is expected that candidates have excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills with good teamwork and problem-solving abilities.