supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
with Fife Headway Group.
|About this opportunity:||Be a Vice Chairperson for a charity providing vital support and information for people with brain injury, their families and carers|
• Build your experience and share your skills for Fife Headway
• This role is vital to help them run the work that they do
• The role is varied and may include the following: Planning the annual cycle of board meetings and set the agendas; chairing and facilitating the board meetings; giving directions to board policy making; monitoring that decisions taken at board meetings are implemented; representing the organisation at appropriate events, meetings or functions; acting as a spokesperson for the organisation where appropriate; attend monthly board meetings, participate in other tasks as they arise from time to time, such as interviewing new staff, helping with fundraising; keep informed about the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work
• New role holders within the board are needed as due to a mixture of health and personal reasons, the current volunteers are seeking to step down
• Monthly board meetings will be held both on zoom and face to face when appropriate
• Meetings are arranged to suit those attending
|Training provided:||Headway will offer support as required, including an induction covering an understanding of brain injuries. You are also welcome to attend free training on Roles & Responsibilities of a Board Member that Fife Voluntary Action provide.|
|Out of pocket expenses paid?|
Yes - Out of pocket expenses will be paid.
|Experience required:||Leadership skills * Tact and diplomacy * Good communication and interpersonal skills * Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences * an ability to work effectively as a member of a team|
|Restrictions on who can volunteer|
No restrictions were specified.
|Application process:||Application Form; Induction/Training; Interview; PVG membership required; References; Trial Period|
|Taster available?||No, not for this opportunity.|
|Travel Details||Linton Lane Community Centre, Linton Lane, Kirkcaldy KY2 6LF. Free parking , can be accessed by public transport. Some board meeting will be on zoom and some in person when permitted.|
|Saltire Award||This opportunity is compatible with the Saltire Awards for volunteers aged 12-25.|