supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Volunteering Opportunity: VO85801
Befriender (Levenmouth) with Crossroads Fife.
Created/last updated: 24/03/2021
About this opportunity:
Can you help build stronger social connections with a vulnerable adult who is experiencing social isolation and loneliness like never before?
We need your help to enable others to overcome the negative effects of social isolation and loneliness • Just a regular phone call, video chat or visit will improve someone's interaction, confidence, health and wellbeing •
Volunteering with Crossroads is a very rewarding experience and brings about positive change for yourself and others • Your time can make a massive difference in someone's life - they will feel amazing and so will you! You can meet new friends, learn new skills and discover new talents, as well as boosting your education and employment prospects •
Can you help transform someone's life, simply by giving an hour or more of your time a week? If you're interested in the wellbeing of others and are warm, considerate, honest and reliable, we want to hear from you!
- Presentation: Organisation, Volunteer Role, Responsibilities, Boundaries, Endings
- E-learning: Adult Support & Protection
- Online Volunteer Videos: Boundaries, Making a Positive Impact, Building a Relationship, Communication Skills
- Reading: Good Practice Guide (What is Befriending? Values and Attitudes in Befriending. Communication Skills. The Matching Process. Building Befriending Relationships. Boundaries and Confidentiality. Support and Development. Roles and Responsibilities. Managing Endings. Befrienders as Community Connectors).
- Ongoing training opportunities: identified through Health Promotion Fife, Fife Council Learning Nexus
- Volunteer Support & Development: Formal/informal, individually or in group, by phone, video chat, email, text, face to face
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - We pay public transport rates and reimburse volunteers every week. Also include mileage rates if applicable.
Volunteer out of pocket expenses paid monthly upon receipt of expenses claim. Car Mileage paid at 45p per mile, Public Transport (receipt require
Excellent communicator, good listener, respectful, positive, honest, caring, compassionate and non-judgemental.