supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Volunteering Opportunity: VO68865
Home Demonstrator with British Wireless for the Blind(Fife).
Created/last updated: 04/08/2020
About this opportunity:
British Wireless for the Blind are looking for people to demonstrate and install sets for recipients in Fife • This involves visiting sight impaired people in their homes, installing new radios and teaching them how to use them and a small amount of admin •
The role involves:-
- Contacting recipients by phone to agree appointment times, Visiting people in their homes and installing our audio equipment •
- Giving instruction about and demonstrating the equipment •
- Completing paperwork for each visit •
- Making a follow-up telephone call and if required arrange further visits and training •
- Collecting broken sets and arranging repairs •
- Delivering replacement sets to existing clients •
no upper age limit has been specified
Informal chat & induction with the Regional Development Manager in the volunteers own home or another appropriate place of their choosing. Training & support provided by the Regional Development Manager who will be available by email & phone during normal office hours.
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Mileage rates paid at 45p per mile.
All other out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed on a monthly basis.
Someone who is patient.
IT knowledge an advantage but not essential.
Car owner/clean driving licence.
The opportunity takes place in Fife and volunteers will be asked to travel around a reasonable distance within your local area.
Having access to a vehicle is essential as some of our equipment is large and bulky and would be very difficult to move about on public transport.
This opportunity is compatible with the Saltire Awards for volunteers aged 12-25.