supporting, developing and representing community groups, voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Volunteering Opportunity: VO47478
Committee Member with Home-Start East Fife.
Created/last updated: 20/07/2021
About this opportunity:
The trustees hold Home-Start in trust for current and future beneficiaries by:
* providing leadership and direction within the ethos of Home-Start
* ensuring the scheme has a clear vision, mission and strategic direction
* being responsible for the effective performance and management of the scheme
* ensuring the scheme complies with legal and regulatory requirements, the objects of the scheme, the governing documents including the Home-Start Standards and Methods of Practice, the Home-Start Agreement and quality standards
* securing and guarding the scheme's assets and taking care of their security, deployment and proper application
* ensuring that the scheme's governance is of the highest possible standard
* undertaking an ambassadorial role for the scheme
* appointing sub-committees and agreeing their terms of reference and membership •
no upper age limit has been specified
Volunteer trustees can attend the Course of Preparation which runs for approximately 40 hours - usually one day per week for 8 weeks. There is also a Trustee Information pack available
Out of pocket expenses paid?
Yes - Monthly expenses form to be completed and public transport costs reimbursed or national rate for car usage
People with management, committee, financial experience. People with knowledge of the voluntary sector. Anyone interested in assisting us in achieving our aims.