supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust - Community Tree Planting Officer
Post: Community Tree Planting Officer
Hours: This post is a full-time (36 hours per week) fixed-term post for 5 years. Work will be delivered over a five-day week but may include some evening and weekend work as required.
Salary: £27,312 – £34,614 (pro rata)
Fife Coast and Countryside Trust (FCCT) IS an organisation driven by a passion for Fife’s natural heritage and a commitment to promoting understanding and care for the natural environment and is currently seeking a ‘Community Tree Planting Officer’ who will lead on ITS work with the Climate Action Fife project (CAF). FCCT believes that people are its greatest asset and look to employ individuals who bring a positive, energetic, constructive, and committed attitude to the workplace.
Reporting directly to the Head of Conservation & Engagement, the successful candidate will be enthusiastic about engaging people in the environment and carbon reduction, with a genuine interest in community development and engagement.
• Educated to SCQF Level 8 HND or equivalent in a subject relevant to the post;
• Experience of project management within an ecological, countryside management or nature conservation field
• Experience of practical countryside or land management, including knowledge of biodiversity issues and conservation.
• Experience of developing and delivering training, events or workshops
• Experience of presenting information in an interesting and stimulating manner to a range of stakeholders
• Experience of organising and delivering events in a community setting and with a variety of groups
• IT Skills (Embrace technology & information), competent with Microsoft suite of products and on-line conferencing platforms
• Experience of working with/within local authorities, statutory agencies, non-governmental organisations, business, community groups and the agricultural sector
• A full UK driving licence or access to a driver if disability prevents driving.
For more information/to apply for this post, please visit FCCT's website. The closing date for applications is 14 August 2022.