supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
NHS Fife - Making Choices Keeping Safe: Relationships and Sexual Wellbeing
When: 9.30am-4.30pm, Tuesday 20 November 2018 Where: Cameron Hospital, Cameron Bridge, Windygates, KY8 5RR This event is being organised by NHS Fife This particular event is free to attend, so no payment is required.
It is too late to book a place for this particular session, sorry about that.
This course will increase participants’ knowledge and understanding of the needs of people with learning disabilities regarding relationships and sexual wellbeing. It will also enable participants’ to increase their confidence in supporting people with learning disabilities in the area of relationships and sexual wellbeing.
Successful completion of this course will provide:
• Increased knowledge of Fife’s Relationship & Sexual Wellbeing Best Practice Guidance
• Had the opportunity to explore values and attitudes in relation to relationships and sexual wellbeing for people with learning disabilities
• Increased skills and confidence needed to support people with learning disabilities in this area
• Increased awareness of the legal position regarding sexual health for people with learning disabilities
• Identified sources of support, information and resources for people with learning disabilities and staff.
Would Suit: Multi-agency staff (frontline and managers) from NHS Fife, Fife Council, third sector and voluntary organisations, parents and carers working with young people and adults with learning disabilities who wish to increase their knowledge and confidence when supporting people with relationships and sexual wellbeing.