supporting, developing and representing community groups,
voluntary organisations, social enterprises and volunteering
Celebrating pandemic resilience and community support in Fife
Many individuals, private businesses, public sector workers and third sector organisations worked/are working tirelessly during the COVID-19 pandemic that emerged in March 2020. Fife Voluntary Action (FVA), in conjunction with Fife Partnership, would like to allow the people of Fife the opportunity to nominate those who deserve thanks and recognition for their efforts.
If you do not know all of the details of the person that you are nominating, please do not be put off - simply contact us on 0800 389 6046 after Monday 04 January and we can take your nomination over the telephone.
• If you wish to nominate more than one volunteer/organisation please submit a separate nomination form for each;
• FVA reserves the right to withdraw any application where we reasonably believe that incomplete or inaccurate information has been supplied;
• Personal details won't be used for any purpose other than the administration of these awards;
• We have a detailed Privacy Notice which clearly sets out what information we collect and process, what we do with it and who we might share it with. It also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data;
• The decisions made by the judging panel are final and individual feedback cannot be provided to entrants;
• We cannot accept self-nominations;
• The Nominator/Nominee may live outwith Fife, however the work must have benefited individuals or communities in Fife;
• Details of the Nominator may be disclosed to the Nominee, should they request this. We therefore require that Nominators are over the age of 16 and are asked, upon submission, to provide consent to their information being passed on;
• If you have any photos, press releases or anything else to support your nomination please just send it to [email protected] (or contact us and we'll help you).
You will need to specify the category that your nomination fits into. If more than one applies, please just choose the best fit. You can read a little bit about each category by clicking the button below to show or hide the brief descriptions.
VOLUNTEER AWARDS: Exceptional Volunteer Award
This category is open to any volunteer who demonstrated outstanding efforts during COVID-19. This person's actions should show significant impact on either an individual or their local community. Young Volunteer Award
This category is open to volunteers under the age of 25 who, on behalf of an organisation, demonstrated significant efforts during COVID-19, benefitting either an individual or the community. Mature Volunteer Award
This category is open to anyone over the age of 60 who, on behalf of an organisation, demonstrated significant efforts during COVID-19, benefitting either an individual or the community. Emergency Response Group
This category is open to any informal group such as mutual aid groups or an unregistered community organisation established to keep people safe during COVID-19. Good Neighbour Award
This category is open to individuals who provided help and support to a member of their community, during COVID-19. You most likely did not request this help and your neighbour may have contacted you to offer valuable support during this time.
ORGANISATION AWARDS: Exceptional Organisation Award
This category is open to any third sector organisation who have adapted and overcome significant challenges and demonstrated substantial impact to those affected by COVID-19. Exceptional Charity Worker Award
This category is open to any employee of a third sector organisation who went significantly above and beyond in their efforts to support service users during the pandemic. Innovative Award
This category is open to any third sector organisation who, through the COVID-19, have adapted and delivered a service, significantly different to what they would ordinarily provide. Digital Award
This category is open to any third sector organisation that demonstrated significant resilience, and through the use of technology delivered vital services in response to COVID-19.
BUSINESS AWARDS: Exceptional Small Business Award
This category is open to any private business with fewer than 50 employees who have demonstrated outstanding efforts as a result of COVID-19. The organisation might have offered their services or developed new initiatives to help with the fight against the virus. Exceptional Medium-Large Business Award
This category is open to any private sector business with more than 50 employees who have demonstrated outstanding efforts as a result of COVID-19. The organisation might have offered their services or developed new initiatives to help with the fight against the virus. Employer Recognition Award
This category is open to any private business who responded to COVID-19 by allowing their staff to volunteer elsewhere thus providing valuable resources where needed most.
PUBLIC SECTOR AWARDS: Exceptional Worker Award
This category is open to any persons, working within the Public Sector, who demonstrated outstanding impact to either an individual or community group effected by COVID-19. Exceptional Team Award
This category is open to any Public-Sector team who worked together to provide assistance to those affected by COVID-19. Redeployed Worker Award
This category is open to any individual, from within the Public Sector, who was redeployed from their normal duties and who undertook significantly diverse activities - benefitting those affected by the COVID-19.
Please tell us about you, the person making the nomination:
Fife Voluntary Action is organising them on behalf of Fife Partnership* and the Lord-Lieutenant of Fife, Mr Robert Balfour and the Provost of Fife, Cllr Jim Leishman MBE.
* Fife Partnership consists of Fife Council, NHS Fife, Fife Health & Social Care Partnership, Fife Voluntary Action, Fife College, St Andrews University, Police Scotland, Scottish Fire and Rescue Service, Scottish Enterprise, Skills Development Scotland, South East Scotland Transport Partnership, Department of Work and Pensions and representatives from Fife's business community.
Who can make nominations?
Anybody can nominate an individual, organisation or business that really helped out in Fife during the coronavirus pandemic during 2020. You can't nominate yourself but you can nominate anybody else, including relatives, neighbours, colleagues etc.
Is it safe to share personal data on this form?
This is a secure website and we have a detailed Privacy Notice which clearly sets out what information we collect and process, what we do with it and who we might share it with. It also tells you about your rights in relation to your personal data.
Can I make multiple nominations?
Of course! We recognise that thousands of people across Fife stepped up to help their neighbours, colleagues, service users and people they've never met before. We do not expect you to single out one or two people most worthy - please nominate everybody you know that stepped up and ensure they get recognition and thanks for their efforts.
If you're struggling to complete this form, you can call us (from Monday 04 January 2021 when we return to the office) and we'll help to take your nomination details. Call us on 0800 389 6046 during normal office hours.